Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Can!



I love election day. It's seriously one of my favorite times. This was the first time I've gotten to vote in person, so I wasn't about to do any of the pre-vote stuff. I was worried about the lines, so I got there before 7am, but I was in and out in ten minutes. I have to say that Ohio doesn't make voting very cool though. NY has those fun lever machines (which apparently are not very reliable, but still) and a lot of states have touch-screen ballots now, but in Ohio they just give you a few scan trons and tell you to go sit at a table and fill it out. Oh well, it was pretty cool to be there in person. I love those days when everyone smiles at each other because it's a special day.
After work, I picked up a pizza and Malachy and I camped out in my living room and watched all the coverage. Since I can't seem to keep my eyes open past 10pm these days, I decided to take a little cat nap between 10-11pm and I woke up just in time to see John McCain concede, and then Barack give his speech. It's such a cool thing to see people get excited about our country. Those moments that you're apart of that you know are history making are so cool.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I guess I missed this post of your last week... I love that your sticker is on a nice Vera bag! You may not have had a fun lever machine, but I didn't get a sticker. I was bummed... I heard that you could have brought your sticker to Ben & Jerry's for free ice cream and Starbuck's for free coffee. 2 of my favorite things. oh well...