Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Orchestral Oops

So last night was my first concert with the Cleveland State Orchestra. Malachy took the RTA downtown and I went and picked him up, we had dinner, I changed, we were moseying around the music building waiting for the eight o'clock concert, when I saw the doors to the auditorium close at 7:30. I ran backstage, discovered that the concert started earlier than I knew, and that the conductor changed the program order because I wasn't there. I was totally mortified. I'm never really late, especially not for something like that. I saw the conductor after the first piece and he was like "you thought it started at 8 right?" and wasn't really upset. Mr. Oltman would have kicked me out of orchestra. Soo that made the night more interesting that it should have been and now I feel stupid going back to rehearsal tomorrow...

In cheerier news, check out this cool carpet I'm probably getting for my classroom:

2 comments:

Beth said...

I hate being late, too (one of my quirks!), but sometimes it happens. And I don't count this as being late- you were clearly on time for an 8 o'clock start time! Love the rug! So cute!

Corynn said...

Oh no. How sad! I agree with Beth. You were on time! At least you know now.

And, I love the carpet. You can play games with it. You can tell the kids to sit on the "thingymajig" (That is the extent of my music knowledge at this very moment).