Things have been busy here this week. Choirs started up. It went pretty well. Time goes fast and I feel like I'm kind of just making things up off the top of my head, but I think the kids had fun. We're doing some cute pieces, so I'm hoping our program comes off well.
Last night I went to Val's first concert. It was fun being there before hand to help her get things set up and to see her in action. I saw some familiar faces from student teaching, and it was nice because it made me realize that I am at least as happy at my job as I would have been had I gotten any of the other ones I was a finalist for.
I also got my hair cut short on Tuesday night. I like it. It's so easy; I finally have a hair cut that I can just blow dry and go and it looks cute! It was funny hearing students opinions of it. This one 7th grade girl came in in the middle of the day today and stood in my doorway, gasped, and said "oh my gosh, I love it. Everyone has been talking about it, so I had to come see it for myself." Alright.
Ooo I also have a funny name story for this week. Another 7th grade girl came to show me something one morning and she was talking, then all of a sudden she got this horrified look on her face. She was like "oh my gosh, I just realized I asked my teacher if I could come talk to Mrs. Ketchup. You know how your name is kind of like Huntz, like the ketchup, and that's what I called you." I thought it was hysterical.
Today we had a bake sale/staff competition and I got 1st runner up for my Ghost Graveyard. The winner bake three things--cheater :p
Time to go catch up on my Project Runway from last night...Hope you're having a good day :)
31 Easy, Funny DIY Halloween Costumes
5 years ago

2 comments:
Post a pic of the new hair cut!
Oh my gosh... I forgot about Project Runway! Crap.
Post a Comment