This weekend Beth, James, Melynda, Val, and Laura came up from their new (or old) places of residence and we had a partial music ed '08 reunion. We had dinner at Cornerstone, hung out at the Book and Bean, then went over to Amanda's where we met up with the rest of the BW crowd. It was a very Berean night. In some ways it feels like we could be back at BW in a second. Sometimes when I'm in the area I feel like I should be there so much that I go drive around campus for a couple minutes. In other ways though, college already feels like forever ago. It's already hard to remember what all the drama was about. The music ed stress is definitely part of the past. It was really nice to see everyone, but the weekend also seemed to highlight that we've grown up a lot too. When we graduated I was so sure I wasn't ready for college to be over; I didn't think I'd like life after nearly as much. It took a little time, but slowly I'm coming to really enjoy having music ed only be an 8-4pm thing, 10pm bedtimes, football all-day on Sundays, the evening news, having time to be with my boyfriend, playing my horn when I feel like it, and having a paycheck that I can spend how I want to. College wasn't the end all, I guess, even for the one voted "most likely to keep in touch with BW."
1 comment:
Aww, Megan. Good reflection. I am excited for you and your new adventures.
Post a Comment