
It was one of those weekends that seemed really long, but in a completely good way. After school on Friday I met Val in Berea for dinner and drinks. It was so good to see her. I'm enjoying having a real job and my own apartment and all that, but at certain moments it hits me that my friends aren't a two minute walk away, that Val and I won't ever go home to the same place again, and that I really am done with college. So it was great to be back in Berea this weekend. Val, Emily, Malachy, and I hung out for awhile and a bunch of friends who are still at BW joined us later. It was nice to be around that many familiar faces. Sometimes I wonder how my friends who moved away do without that.

On Saturday, Val, her boyfriend Roger, Malachy, and I went to the Melting Pot. All summer we'd been planning to take the boys out once we both got jobs and our first paychecks. We had a nice time. I don't get too excited about food generally, but mmm I love Melting Pot.
And now it's Sunday and it's football season. I barely watched any sports while at BW, but I am getting back into it this season. We're doing a fantasy league with Val and Roger and that's going to be pretty addicting. Have a good Sunday night :)
4 comments:
looks like a fun weekend! Is that an "all fondue" restaurant?? Looks good! You can take me there when I come visit :)
yup, it's all fondue: cheese, meat, and chocolate! Love to have you anytime :)
I love The Melting Pot. Did you think of me? Oh, and I love that picture of you and Malachy. SO CUTE!
"Sometimes I wonder how my friends who moved away do without that."
By getting sad every once in a while, reading a lot of books I didn't have time for when I was surrounded by friends, wondering how I could make time go faster so my lease can be up and I can find a roommate(s), wishing I made enough money to own a cat, wishing I were a regular teacher at one school so I could make friends there, wishing I had a church that I went to regularly so I could make friends there, going on facebook all the time to check on everyone else...
I'm having a lonely night tonight. :-(
Post a Comment