Sunday, August 31, 2008

Meet Mackenzie


I knew I wanted a cat once I got settled into my own place, and over the last couple weeks I'd started to look more seriously. I found a great adoption network and started the application process with them. It was pretty thorough. I had to fill out an application, get my lease altered, and talk with an adoption screener. They were very helpful though and they matched me up with Mackenzie (formally Meowcedes because she was rescued by a woman in a Mercedes).
They brought her over on Friday afternoon and she has been terrific so far! She follows me everywhere, loves to cuddle, and doesn't scratch or get on the furniture unless you call her up. She's right around 1 year old. Her coat is beautiful. She's very soft, but you can tell she's not quite fully grown yet. Her paws are much bigger than she is. She loves Malachy, and I'm excited for her to meet some more friends tonight too.

3 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Oh, she looks like a very sweet kitty. She is lucky to have you!

Beth said...

Yeah! Another blog for me to read! Nice background! Mackenzie's cute, too!

Corynn said...

I love your new background! It is so you! And Mackenzie is perfect for you! (I held back and didn't say, purrrfect, haha.) Congrats!