Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Busy Summer

Sorry Corynn, I got your message last week saying I needed to update my blog, but things have been super busy lately and I've barely had a second. I spent the last week of July in Denver for the International Horn Symposium. Our teacher, Jesse, and his mom were the hosts of the event and our studio from BW and his mom's studio from the University of Denver worked the event. We mostly manned registration and the doors to the halls, but we got to see some of the sessions too. Almost all the big name horn players were there and it was pretty cool to see and hear them play in person.
This past weekend Malachy and I went to Michigan for his best friend, Andrew's, wedding. It was very nice. The wedding and reception were outside in his backyard. It was simple, but classy and fit Andrew and Jamie perfectly.
This week is all about moving into my classroom and new apartment. We've spent the last two days painting my classroom purple and lime green and dropping things off at my apartment one car load at a time. My classroom is nearly there and that's the priority for the next couple days because come Monday I have to be at school for in services before kids come on the 21st! Hopefully I'll have some pictures tomorrow...
Lastly, Barack Obama came to BW today! I didn't get tickets in time, but I drove past the rec center where he was speaking a couple times and got to listen to a bit of it on the radio. It's cool just to know he was in Berea today!
Ok, I think that's it for now. Talk to you soon :)

1 comment:

Corynn said...

Yea! for painting your classroom. It is going to be fantastic and I want pictures!