I can't believe it's the end of September. It really doesn't look the slightest bit like fall yet. I was planning to do fall songs during September, but it has still seemed so much like summer than I haven't yet. Ah well, I'm sure it will be plenty chilly and colorful soon.
This past weekend was a nice mix of everything. On Saturday morning I had breakfast with Val. It's nice that she's up this way every weekend now. When we say goodbye, it's still pretty weird that we won't ever go back to the same place. In the afternoon, my school staff had a picnic down at a lake by my apartment. Malachy and I went and it was fun--nice to see people out of their teacher gear! Later that night we went out to a jazz club where the band director at my school was playing. It was also cool to see him do his thing. It's his first year at Puritas too and we share a room, so we've gotten to know each other relatively well in a short amount of time and he and Malachy have played gigs together over the last several years. It's nice to have him around. I was bummed at first that I had to share my room, but now I think I would be lonely if I was down at the end of the hall by myself all the time.
I'm really looking forward to my birthday this weekend. It'll be different to not have everyone who's been at all my other Ohio birthdays there this year, but I'm looking forward to 22 nonetheless...
31 Easy, Funny DIY Halloween Costumes
5 years ago

2 comments:
A jazz club sounds like fun! I didn't know you were sharing your room. How does he feel about your color choices? haha?
Haha wellll no one had really thought through where the band was going to go, so I didn't know until after everything was painted that we'd be sharing. He deals though. He put lots of trumpets on the walls.
Post a Comment