Sunday, May 3, 2009

May Days

Happy May! In a month school will be over. My brother is already done and BW is finishing up this week. I thought it would seem weird to go later this year, but it doesn't really.
Things are good. Concerts are this week and I think everything is in pretty good shape. I'm a lot less stressed for these. It's a lot easier now that I know what to expect. The kids have been a lot more talkative now that it's nice out, but once we get through this week, it's just going to be fun stuff for the last few classes.
This weekend has been fun. On Friday night Emily and I went to the Cleveland Orchestra. Somehow we haven't been there as much lately, so it was really nice to go. It was a cheerful concert. I'd played two of the three pieces which, for me, always makes it more enjoyable. Next year, in an effort to boost ticket sales, they're doing a lot of the more famous, big name pieces, and I'm kind of glad about it. For me, it's hard to sit through a bunch of new stuff I don't know and then get to the piece I went to the concert for. That's probably the wrong attitude, but whatever.
Yesterday night, Malachy and I went to a restaurant in Chagrin Falls to see Mark, the band director at my school, and his jazz combo play. I love Chagrin Falls. I want to live in a place like that. It's the cutest small town, but it's right outside a big city.
Today is all about errands, sewing, and basketball. I have so many projects almost ready to show off. Have a good week! :)

1 comment: