Monday, May 11, 2009

Singing in Stitches

Well, concert craziness is over until next December and that sounds good to me. The concerts went fine. The elementary night went off well. For middle school we did a "Grease" review. It felt very chaotic, trying to get the cast on stage and directing the crew around while hoping that the classes would sing. It wasn't anything great, but at the same time I think it's very hard to try to pull off a show like that without ever practicing on the stage where it will be performed and requiring that all students participate. No matter what kind of rep or show I pick, there are always going to be kids that don't want to be there. I suppose it's my job to get them to want to be there, but "Grease" is fun and if you don't want to do that, then it's not as if more standard choral lit will go over better.
In other news, this weekend was fun. On Friday night Malachy and I went out what could be called an actual date for the first time in forever. He's been playing shows every weekend of 2009, but has the next couple of weekends off before summer stuff starts up, so that'll be nice.
On Saturday night I took my horn student, Molly, to the orchestra as her graduation gift. She'd never been before and it was extra fun because Rich King, principal horn, was soloing. It was fun to hear her comments.
Jenn, my best friend from my NY days, also got engaged this weekend. They've been dating for a long time, but at the same time it's kind of crazy that she's actually getting married. That seems like such a grown up thing to do.
And now to reveal my recent sewing projects...
I made these poodle skirts for the Pink Ladies in the cast and I....


and here's the Mary Englebreit apron I've been wanting to make for awhile...

1 comment:

Corynn said...

So cute. I love all the fabrics in the apron. How many of those crazy skirts did you have to make?