Monday, April 6, 2009

Beginnings of Break

I'm on spring break! School finished up well. Holidays are such fun days at school. There is an incredible amount of food. I baked cupcakes for one of the Kindergartens and hung out with them during their afternoon party which was fun. After school I met up with Emily and Eli for dinner. Emily got a music therapy job on Friday! She finished her internship last Friday, had an interview Tuesday, and got hired Friday. She's SO lucky she didn't have to go through months of interviewing like the music ed people. We ate at Cornerstone in Berea, then went to our college bar, Mike's, hoping to celebrate with the brownie sundae that has marked so many other occasions, but the line was too long, so we went to Cheesecake Factory which wasn't a bad compromise.
Saturday and Sunday were filled with Cleveland Philharmonic. We played Sibelius 5 which I am not a fan of. I think it's the first big orchestra piece that I've played and didn't at least kind of come to like. Our part was so freaking boring. I do like playing with them though. All the horns are pretty knowledgeable.
My other big event of the weekend was that I bought a sewing machine. I've been considering it for awhile, so Saturday I just went and got one. I like it a lot. I'm making pajamas and they're almost done, so hopefully I'll have pictures soon!

1 comment:

Corynn said...

I want to see your sewing machine! Now you can make all kinds of fun creations. Let me know if you need any ideas or help.