One of my other new-ish things is cross stitching. I still can't just sit and watch TV without doing something else, so back in the fall I started cross stitching. My first project was this:
I whipped it up in one and a half football Sundays, so I decided to move onto something more substantial so I wouldn't have to go to JoAnn's every week. Since I don't know how to do counted cross stitch yet, my options were somewhat limited, but I saw a table cloth I liked and decided to do for my mom for Christmas. I started it a little before Thanksgiving I think, but it was nowhere near ready for Christmas. I took it home and showed it to her and thought I could have it done for Mother's Day, but now I think that might be wishful thinking. Just last night I finally finished one of the corners of it.
I think I figured out better plan of attack for the other corners, so maybe it'll go faster, but I can't believe how much longer it's taking! At least it keeps me occupied.
Have a good rest of your weekend :)

3 comments:
Holy crap cross stitching while watching TV is genius!
I love your cross-stitching. I have done some too, and I am still working on my first counting one. Well, "working on" is probably poor terminology. I have it in a drawer, and I have started on it, but that is about it. Keep it up. It looks really nice.
You inspired me and I bought a cross-stitch project today. All of my friends here seem to be having babies, so I bought a 2-pack of Finding Nemo bibs, one with Nemo and one with Dory, for a gift for whoever has a baby next. So far, I've stitched during 2 episodes of the Office and stitched a total of 2 bubbles. This could take a while. I also saw your coffee one at the craft store, it was definitely cute.
I can't believe how nerdy we're becoming. :-)
Post a Comment