Saturday, March 7, 2009

Evenings with the Cat

It really is a hard adjustment going from having your friends around constantly for four years to hanging out with your cat on the weekends. It seems like everyone's had their own things going on lately and I've ended up without too much to do. I enjoyed my first few Sex and the City marathons, but they're gotten pretty lonely. I got kind of stir crazy today, so I went and did what I hated to do for so many years: shop. I think I like it now because I can actually buy things with my own money. I've definitely decided that I've inherited my mom's practicality and I love sales, so I went out today armed with all the online coupons I could find, but it felt kind of sad seeing how much stores have to discount and give away just to get people in the door.
I watched "Mona Lisa Smile" tonight. I saw it a few years ago when it came out in theaters and remember thinking it was so-so, but I enjoyed it tonight. It's about Wellesly College. I went to their website later and it turns out that Hillary Clinton and Diane Sawyer went there at the same time. I wonder if they were friends?

2 comments:

Corynn said...

I can't decide if Melinda reminds me of you or if you remind me of Melinda these days... hmm. Melinda and I often watch TV glued to a computer fact checking and researching. It is kind of addicting.

BethO said...

Yeah I hear you about the lonely weekends. I totally just had my first awesome social weekend in a long time, the first time I went out both Friday and Saturday night since I moved here. But most other weekends = renting The Office or a movie at Blockbuster. They finally talked me into getting the Blockbuster rewards program since I'm there so often. I feel so lame sometimes.
3-1/2 weeks and I get to come to Ohioooooooo!