Saturday, March 28, 2009

76 Trombones

I thought March would be the slowest month of the year, but I think it's gone by the fastest. Recorder Karate has ended and things are underway for the spring concerts. I was worried they wouldn't be as cute as the Christmas concerts, but I'm thinking they're going to turn out well.
Emily finished her music therapy internship on Friday, so that night I went out with she and her supervisors to this cute little restaurant. Most of the place was just a normal little Italian restaurant with a piano player that they knew. There were six seats around the piano, so we literally got to eat on top of the piano. It was pretty cool. Emily is also moving to my town of Lakewood in the next month or so which I'm so excited about! Malachy keeps telling me I need a girl friend around which is so true. I know I'm still relatively close to many friends, but there's no one really close by who I can just swing by and see.
In other news, my district has been putting together a district-wide production of "The Music Man." About 12 of my students were involved in it, so I went to see it tonight. It was cute. It was fun to see them participate in something musical that I could just sit back and watch. It also reminded me that I've gotten used to seeing professional theater and that our "Grease" review is going to be of middle school quality and that's ok.
After "Music Man" I came home to see the demise of my NCAA bracket. I was kind of hanging in there, but Pitt lost tonight, so I am pretty much done. Too bad.
Have a good Saturday night :)

1 comment:

Corynn said...

Ohh.. I like The Music Man!