One week from tonight the Christmas concerts will be over...thankfully. We've had an accompaniast lined up for weeks, then he canceled on Sunday. We got another one lined up after some calling around on Monday only to have her realize that she double booked herself. Luckily after many more phone calls, a friend from BW is going to play. On top of that, I spent an hour this morning writing, copying, and personally addressing a letter to each choir student, saying that we are canceling choir for next Tuesday morning because we're having a dress rehearsal later that morning. I popped in to tell my principal that and she was like "well I hope you're planning to be here early anyway because I guarentee that some of those kids won't remember there's no choir." Awesome. Babysitting is definitely what I need to be doing the morning of my first concert. Grr I think I'm just grumpy because I'm going to have no free time and no sleep. Really it means I'm going to be doing music ed from 7:30am-10pm and getting six hours of sleep which is what life at BW was, but I've grown rather accustomed to my new lifestyle :p
3 comments:
Lame. I can't believe you have to show up. It isn't your fault kids are irresponsible! Hang in there. It will be over soon and you can have your life back and be able to say you put on your very first concert!
um yeah, I'm already getting stressed over concerts, and I've only got one this month, I've still got 2 next month and 1 the month after that! If I don't get downsized to 3 schools next year I'm going to be pissed. I can't deal with FOUR concerts every concert season.
Why can't we just teach? Stupid concerts...
Good luck with your concert Megan!
Post a Comment