Sunday, December 21, 2008

An Elementary Christmas

The holidays are the time to be a teacher. School was fun on Friday. The day started with a teacher breakfast where we discovered our Secret Santas. I would never have guessed mine. The rest of the day was filled with so many cookies and chocolate and sugary food that I didn't even have to eat my lunch. I got lots of cute gifts too including at least five coffee mugs and my first teacher ornament. Haha. I wore holiday socks every day this week. My favorite pair was my Friday pair that had jingle bells on them, causing me to bounce everywhere that day. They drove Mackenzie crazy 'cause she kept thinking they were her toys.



Yesterday morning I flew to Arizona. I left Cleveland at 8am, went to Nashville, then Houston, then fianlly got to Phoenix at 4:45pm EST. It was a long trip, but now I've got 10 days to hang out at home.

3 comments:

BethO said...

Aw isn't being a teacher great for Christmas? I love that picture! I need to stock up on Christmas socks, I've only got one pair! And I'm still waiting for my first teacher ornament, but I've got 2 days of school left this week, so we'll see!
Enjoy being home!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on starting your collection of Christmas coffee mugs and ornaments. After 20 years in teaching (and not a coffee drinker) I finally had to give away some of the mugs! I'm jealous that you are on vacation already! Have fun in AZ. :)

Corynn said...

Love the socks! I am so excited you are here. I will see you tomorrow! Oh, and maybe after a few years you might have to start re-gifting the mugs. Who knows.