Wednesday, June 3, 2009

End of Year One

School is out for the summer. Almost...teachers still have to come in the rest of today and tomorrow. The last few days have been fun though. On Monday we had field day. There were eight middle school teams made up of a mixture of 5th-8th graders. I was assigned to the green team. We did pretty well. We won a few events. It was kind of a gross day out--drizzly, and cold. It brought back memories of marching band student teaching when I still wasn't warmed through after being inside for a couple hours.
On Tuesday for the last day we had a school picnic. Again it was raining, so someone was cooking hot dogs under a raincoat and running them inside. I think the dreary weather helped keep the kids calmer than they might have been on the last day though. It was weird walking around the halls at the end of the day and saying goodbye until August.
All the classrooms are packed up now and the hallways are bare. It looks like it does when you pack up a place to move. A bunch of teachers went out after school yesterday which was fun. It'll be nice to come back next year not being the new one anymore. It came out yesterday that I'm 22. I thought most people knew that, but apparently not. Puritas's baby teacher is going to be a second year teacher now though!!

1 comment:

Corynn said...

You'll be 23 early next school year. That isn't too bad! haha. I want to see a picture of your tempo poster! I can't wait to see you! (Sorry for all the exclamation marks!!! I am just excited.)