Sunday, January 18, 2009

OMEA Conference

This weekend was the Ohio Music Education Association (OMEA) Conference in Columbus. Val and I left school early on Thursday and drove down together. It was fun to go to the conference as a real teacher for the first time. As a student the sessions were always informative, but I got so much more out of it this time now that I have my own students to relate things to. Also since I'm not in class all the time anymore, it didn't feel like just another lecture to sit through. Not having to come home and write papers about it was also a definite plus! It was fun to see so many familiar faces too. On Friday night we went to the BW reception and caught up with some recent music ed grads...
Hope you are having a good long weekend :)
PS: Go Cardinals!!

2 comments:

BethO said...

aww wish I were there... :-(


p.s. STEELERS WHAT WHAT!!! ;-)

Corynn said...

Yea Cards!!! And congrats on enjoying your conference. I have a feeling that over time... the joy may begin to fade.