Sunday, January 4, 2009

Fondue Recipe

I got a fondue pot and a Melting Pot cookbook for Christmas and we tried them for the first time tonight. I told my mom and Corynn I'd post a recipe if I found a good one, so here it is...

Court Bouillon Cooking Style
5 1/2 cups warm water
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
1 tablespoon finely chopped carrot
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon ground pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder

I'd suggest not going light on anything. I did, but if it had just a little more flavor it would have been really good.
In other news, the Dolphins lost :( I was decked out in my Dolphins sweatshirt dating back to the Dan Marino era, Dolphin helmet earrings, and teal socks, yet it still wasn't enough to stop them from turning the ball over five times. Ah well, can't ask for better than going from 1-15 to 11-5!
Back to school tomorrow...

3 comments:

Beth said...

I just found out that there's a Melting Pot in Albany... I'm trying to convince Kevin to take me there! Maybe for my birthday...

Anonymous said...

Brian is in mourning over the Dolphins too!

Corynn said...

Thanks for the recipe! Maybe we will make Fondu at home for my birthday!