Monday, November 30, 2009

Turkey Wrap Up

I can't believe I'm writing a post Thanksgiving wrap up already! Tomorrow is December! Woah! Anyway, Thanksgiving break was good. On Thursday morning we hit the road, my first Starbucks holiday drink in hand, and drove to Columbus. My cousin Mark and his wife Sandi live there and they had a new baby, Jacob, in September. My aunt and uncle (Mark's parents) were also there as was my cousin Monica and Sandi's family. It was nice to see everybody. Malachy and I even won at bid pitch!

Me, Monica, and Jake


Uncle Dave and Aunt Anna Beth. It's so funny they're grandparents!


Friday was pretty low key. It seemed like their was a lot of hype for Black Friday and I finally gave in and went out and got a little shopping done in the afternoon. Well actually I didn't get any shopping done for anyone; I bought a lot of stuff to craft and I spent the rest of Friday making a tree skirt, an advent wreath, and a wreath for my door.
On Saturday we went to Dr. Collins', one of our professors from BW, house for dinner. It's always funny to see what teachers houses look like. It's nice so many BW professors have had us over over the years.
Sunday brought the last day of break and lunch with Malachy's best friend, Andrew, and his wife, Jamie. Andrew is doing his masters in music ed at the University of Buffalo and is student teaching at my old elementary school next semester! Such a small world.
Now we're officially on to Christmas season. Mackenzie is loving my tree this year and has made this her perch...

1 comment:

The Butlers said...

Sounds like you had a fun and relaxing thanksgiving break! It's so much fun going shopping on black Friday!! Last year I went around to places here and there but there was no rush, it was nice! By the way you look awesome!!