Saturday, July 11, 2009

Being the Student

This week I had week one (of two) of my Orff class. Orff is an approach to teaching general music. There are three levels of certification and I'm doing the first. It's been ok. I think I was expecting a lot going in. The teachers are good and we cover a lot. I think mostly since it's at BW I was expecting that I would know people, but I'm the only even semi-recent BW grad there. It's weird to take a music ed class without my class :( I am getting a lot of materials I know I'll be able to use though. Also it's cool because we observed one of the instructors during our general music methods class in college, as well as another woman in the class who is my all time favorite GM teacher. It's funny to see their non-teacher personalities and call them by their first names.
Not too much else is going on. It's been kind of a bummer to get back to having to watch the clock and get to bed on time in the evenings. I'm glad there's still about a month left of vacation. Fun things are coming up this week though with Emily's birthday and Harry Potter 6!
Have a good weekend :)

1 comment:

Corynn said...

I bet you are a good student!