Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lethargic Long Weekend

I was awake for about 12 hours of the entire three day weekend, but I am feeling much better now. On Saturday I had to emerge from my slumber at 4pm because my choir had to sing the National Anthem at the Cleveland State game. Though I was really dreading going because I was convinced I was going to puke or pass out at center court, we had a really good time. The kids were super excited and they did such a good job! I wish I had pictures.
I pretty much re-entered sleepland for the rest of Saturday and Sunday, then woke up Monday feeling better. I went to the eye doctor and picked out new glasses that should be in next week! Malachy and I also went to a benefit dinner for the organization that I adopted Mackenzie through. It was fun to see the women who run the organization again. They wanted to know all about how Mackenzie is doing. I thought she mine as well say hello to the blog too...

"Mom, just 'cause you're sleeping through Valentine's Day doesn't mean I have to"

2 comments:

Corynn said...

Mackenzie is so cute. Glad you are feeling better. How was the benefit dinner? We get invited to those for the Arizona Animal Welfare League (AAWL) where we got Major all the time, but we haven't ever gone. I always feel bad because we really do want to support the organization.

Megan said...

The benifit was good. It was one of those deals where you eat at a resturant and they donate a percentage of the profits.
PS: I would have done the "pay it forward" thing, but I don't really make anything cute. Plus I don't really have enough blog friends to make it work.