We both had good days. It was only my second birthday on a school day, so it was fun to have the kids sing to me all day. One class wanted to know how old I was so I told them they could guess and I'd tell them if it was higher or lower. They started at 43 and it took them like five minutes to get to 25. Haha.
We've had this past week off of school for fall break. I love fall break. I have definitely decided that it's worth going back to school one week earlier to have this week off now. It's been great. On Saturday I flew to Ohio. I wasn't planning on going anywhere, but then I started reading articles about how there were cheap flights this fall, so I just started looking a little and I found a great deal, so I had to go. On Saturday night Val, Emily, and I went to Little Italy for the world's best spaghetti: Then we went to the Cleveland Orchestra. Ah how I've missed that. It was Tchaik 4 which was great. They played an encore for the first time any of us could remember.
On Sunday Val, Rog, and I just layed around and watched football all day. The 1pm start threw me off all day. The AZ time zone really is kind of nice.
On Monday, Rog dropped me off at BW and I just hung out there the whole day. The new Con is beautiful. I got to see it when we were up for the wedding, but really getting a chance to explore it and see it all finished with people in it was great. I got to see and talk with lots of my favorite professors. That evening Val and I went out to dinner with Joss and Dr. Marshall too. It was fun to catch up with them. It was really interesting to be with them after having been outside the program for awhile. There were so many emotions between our class and Joss, but really when I think back on it now I loved my time at BW, we had a very strong program, and we all ended up in the right places I think and I'm grateful for that. It was a really nice day.
On Tuesday, I was with Emily and Doug. We went to Melt in the morning. They have all different types of gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches. Mine is called the Kindergartner which is just bread and cheese and it's amazing. In the afternoon we decorated their apartment for Halloween, then spent the evening singing along to Emily's guitar. The summer Malachy and I started dating, Emily lived in the Newman house at BW and we spent many nights sitting on the front porch doing that, so that was a lot of fun too.
On Wednesday, I went to visit my old school. It was great to see lots of my old kids. They're getting so grown up! My first class of Kindergartners is in 3rd grade already! After that it was time to head back to Arizona. The great thing is is that I still have three more days off...

No comments:
Post a Comment