Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to School

School started for teachers on August 2nd, so these last few weeks have flown by with all the back to school things. My classroom looks pretty similar to last year, but with a few added touches:


(yes, I realize treble is spelled wrong in the picture. It's all fixed now.)





another teacher had these ruffle boarders, so I had to steal the idea and make them too. The 5th graders have dubbed me Mrs. HenRod. I kind of like it.

Aside from that, Malachy's birthday was this weekend.

We went out for dinner on Friday and went over to my parents to swim and play games on Saturday. I'm usually super excited about birthdays, but I had the hardest time coming up with a gift idea. After having just gotten so many things from the wedding and having done a lot on the honeymoon, I just couldn't think of much to get or do. Hopefully he had fun though.
Beginning band starts tomorrow so I'm back to my 5am mornings. My grad class starts tomorrow night too, so I am off to bed. Night!


1 comment:

BethO said...

Aw how excited was I when I decided to stop by your blog just in case, and found that you'd updated again! I enjoy reading your blogs :-)
Back to school for me tomorrow!