Monday, September 6, 2010

From Another Time Zone

Well hello two months later from Arizona! We left Ohio on July 25th and drove across the country through Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona and had a pretty good time doing it. We were planning to stop the first night in St. Louis, but we weren't really tired, so we just traded shifts of driving and drove straight through from Ohio to New Mexico. The cats were awesome! They even got along pretty well, and we could have probably gone straight through, but Malachy's dad was driving behind us in the moving van and he was stopping in Albuquerque so we did too.

We got to Arizona on July 27th and got everything out of the van pretty quickly because we had so much help. I started school a few days later and was insistent on getting everything organized before that. I like the apartment a lot. There's more space, a dishwasher and laundry in unit, and it's in a good location.

Here's the living room...

the other side of the living room...

the office...

dining room...

one side of the kitchen...


School has started off well. I'm teaching Kindergarten-6th grade general music, 5th grade band, and 6th grade band. The days are busy; I have nine general music classes and two bands each day which is a lot more than I had a Puritas, but the kids have been so well behaved that it's been good.



Aside from that we've been going to my parent's a lot which has been pretty funny. It's weird to be like "see you soon..." and have that be in a couple days. We've also seen some of my high school friends, and I've already made one trip back to Ohio for Val's wedding too.



Things turned out well. I had a great time being the maid of honor. I was the protector of the dress and I did a reading at mass and gave a toast at the reception.
Aside from that, we're just settling into life in Arizona. I can't believe we've been here for more than a month already! Hopefully I'll remember to update again soon!

2 comments:

Charlie & Rachel said...

Your music room is so cute as always! What is Band Carate? Congratulations on your engagement!! Marriage is the best. :-)

Megan said...

Band Karate is like my favorite thing ever. I give the kids 9 songs every six weeks and when they master one they play it for me, and if they do it correctly, they move up a belt.