I got Mackenzie two years ago from an animal shelter that I have since kept in touch with and arranged fundraisers for. I look at their website and all their adoptable kitties from time to time and I've been looking at this guy for many months. His name was Purrkins and his description said that all he likes to to is snuggle and purr. Mackenzie has always been pretty much a one woman cat and we've been wanting to get a second cat for awhile, so I decided to get him for Malachy as a congratulations on getting into a doctorate program gift.
We got him Thursday night and he's been really good so far. I've been keeping them in separate rooms at night, but when they're together there's mostly been a lot of this:
They just stare at each other and growl a little. Yesterday they weren't really getting that close together, so I had to throw that milk tab, which they both like to chase, to get them in one picture.
Deciding on his name was a big deal. We wanted another M name since we have Megan, Malachy, and Mackenzie. I liked maestro, but ultimately we wrote down the final three choices on separate sheets of paper, spread them out on the floor, and picked the one that Mackenzie sat on. Totally dorky. Don't worry I know :p

2 comments:
hahaha that might be the best way to choose a name that I've ever heard :-)
I agree! best way to pick the name ever :)
Post a Comment