Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Off to the Valley of the Sun

Well folks, I am moving to Arizona. Yes I know, I never thought that would happen, but it is and I'm excited about it. Last week I went out an interviewed for a music position at Ben Franklin Charter School. The interview went well. I met with a panel of people, taught "Chicken in the Fencepost" to a 5th grade general music class, then they asked me back later in the afternoon to work with their middle school band. I flew back to Cleveland on Tuesday and got the call that I got the job on Thursday. It's going to be K-6 general music and 5th and 6th grade band. I think it's going to be a good thing. The kids seemed very well behaved, it pays more, and I'm looking forward to being around my family and friends out there.
On Monday I started telling my kids at school that I'm leaving. It's been so sad! About every half hour I have a kid come in with a card. My favorite so far is this:

Ms. Hensberry is the best!
Unfortunantely you are leaving.
Stuff won't be the same without you.
I will miss you.
Can you visit us?

I can't believe we only have one week left! I know I will be sad to see them go next week.
Once summer starts, I'm headed to Arizona again for a couple weeks to take a class that my new school requires, then I'll be back in Cleveland for about four or five more weeks. Aside from packing, I'm compiling a list of all my favorite things about Cleveland that I have to do before I leave!
Have a good day! :)

1 comment:

Charlie & Rachel said...

You're moving back!! That's great. Good luck on the move and soaking in your city before you leave. We just did the same thing. :-)