Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Wrap Up

Hello from Phoenix's airport! There's free wifi here and I have some time before my plane leaves, so it's the perfect time for an update! I've been in Arizona since the 19th. I got in just in time for my dad's 50th birthday which we celebrated at Don Shula's steakhouse right after I got in.

His actual birthday was the next day which we spent watching football and eating cheese fondue for the Packers even though they lost. He did beat me in our fantasy football playoff game though, so that was some constellation especially as the Packers are in the playoffs now and the Dolphins are not. Alas.
Christmas was good. I got new luggage, a Vera "weekender" (which I'm currently sporting as my carry on,) some Irish jewelry, and many other nice things. We hot tubbed on Christmas and made it feel sufficiently Arizonian. Other trip highlights included going to the Cavs/Suns game,

seeing Corynn and Jake,

going to the zoo,

and of course eating the New Year's cake.

We each pull three fortunes out of the cake. I was the prophesier this year which was fun. My fortunes for the year include that I will see a celebrity, make a new recipe, and win the lottery (but maybe not the big jackpot). We'll see...
As always the time goes fast, but as life seems to be going fast, I'm sure it will feel like I'll see everyone again soon!

1 comment:

Corynn said...

Miss you already! Bummer. Jake and you look super cute sitting at the piano!