Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Year

I'm such a bad blogger! I keep thinking about writing, but I don't feel like I have much to say.
New Years was fun.

I can't believe it's 2010! The 2000s were the first entire decade I can really remember. I lent some of my old piano books to some of my students and the pages are dated from when I played them. They were like "oh my God Miss Hensberry, you were alive in 1994?" I suppose that does sound old when you were born in 2000. Anyway, on New Years Eve we got to hang out with some of our BW friends who have gone to grad school in other cities which was really nice. I also sported the new boots I got for Christmas which was pretty fun too.
Aside from going back to school and resuming my other activities, it seems like these last couple weeks have been largely consumed by trying to get Malachy's grad school auditions set up. He's applying to doctorate programs for next fall and it's been just crazy trying to get everything organized. The schools notify you of your audition date sometime after January 1st and then the auditions begin as soon as next week. There were a couple double bookings and problems getting ahold of some teachers, but basically everything is set up now and he's leaving this Thursday and will be gone through February 7th auditioning at USC, UCLA, ASU, UNT, and UT. Then he'll come back to Cleveland for a couple weeks and then go to Hartt and Stony Brook. We'll see what happens...

And lastly I have to share a picture of Mackenzie. She has been almost permanently on the back of my recliner for the last week.

She looks so funny. She sits there like it's her throne and surveys whatever is going on in my apartment.
Have a good week :)

3 comments:

The Butlers said...

That is so funny that that your students were surprised that you were alive in 1994!! Now the teasing of our teachers is coming back to haunt us.

The Butlers said...

Take out the the other "that."

Jenn said...

Ohhh I love the Mackenzie pic! How cute! Gotta love how the pets take over. :) Hope you're doing well!