Sunday, April 11, 2010

U-Turns are Legal in Arizona

Ahh spring break is over before I even got to write about any of it! It wasn't exactly restful, but I got to see a lot of people and get a lot done. I flew to Arizona right after I finished up at school on April Fools Day. I went to bed about 2:30am EST and got up Friday morning and got busy right away. Corynn, Mandy, and I met up at Mimi's Cafe before embarking on a day filled with baking for Mandy's "panty party." Everything turned out well. I was the only non-married, non-Mormon one which is a situation I have not been in in awhile, but it was fun.


On Saturday my parents and I went to a Indians/Reds spring training game. I'd never been to one before, but it was cool to see the players up so close. It was so summer-y smelling the hot dogs and the sun screen.

After the game, we drove to Glendale to meet up with my brother Kevin. We went out to dinner and hung out in a hotel and got to see him a bit.

On Easter, Kevin headed back to college and my parents and I went to the botanical gardens. Gotta get your fill of cacti to make it feel like Arizona.

On Monday, Mandy and I began work on the 150 birdhouses that she is using as favors at her wedding. We spray painted them, stained them, and tied ribbons on them and I think they turned out cute. It's fun to be around Mandy and Corynn and all their crafty-ness.



That night after going to my mom's line dancing class, we also made pizza. Mandy went on a church mission to Milan, Italy for 18 months, so she learned to make great pizza.

When Mandy first got engaged I was really conflicted about whether to go to Arizona over my spring break and be able to help with preparations or wait and go this weekend for her actual wedding. I wish I could be there this weekend too, but I'm really glad I got to go and spend so much time there and I'll be thinking of these two on Friday :)


Stay tuned for an update about the rest of spring break. It ended in a different state than planned...

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Yay for Spring Break wedding fun! Thanks again for all the help. And PS I think you are more crafty than me!