Well the kids have been back for two weeks now. Things are going well. Tonight is open house so I'm just killing some time here at school instead of going home. Last night we had band recruitment. Five kids (out of the 20 new ones) are going to play horn. I may have talked it up a little :)
Recently I've also started volunteering at a home called Maggie's Place. It's a house for pregnant women who are homeless. I like it a lot. There can be up to nine girls and there are six live-in staff members. It's a nice place. I miss houses. Apartments aren't the same. Malachy and I are also joining the church choir/we're playing horn and trumpet, so once that starts up plus with Maggie's Place, and water kickboxing, I'll be going every night of the week. Somehow I still haven't gotten used to the fact that it would be ok if I had some free time. Ohhh BW music ed....
Speaking of that, Dr. Marshall (BW prof) e-mailed me yesterday and asked if he could send kids to me for field experience. I have really been wanting that, so I was psyched when I got his e-mail. When I talked to Dr.Marshall last I thought I was going to be doing 4th grade band, but that didn't end up working out, so the BW students are really going to be coming and working with Mark, the band guy, but we share a room, so it will still be fun.
Well I think that's about it for now. Hope things are good with you :)
31 Easy, Funny DIY Halloween Costumes
5 years ago

2 comments:
Wow, it sounds like you are busy! Your volunteer site sounds like it would be a great experience; I hope you enjoy it, that should be an interesting population to work with! :)
Wow you are busy. I have realized that people that like to keep busy in life get really bored when they do have the free time! That is so cool what you are doing! Seriously keep it up sounds like you are enjoying it!!
Post a Comment