Sunday, August 9, 2009

And now the end is here...

Well the last day of summer vacation has arrived. I can't believe I go back tomorrow. It's been a really good summer though. I kept busy, but did lots of fun things too with trips to Arizona and New York, Orff, Kevin's visit, Val and Roger got engaged, 4th of July in the middle of nowhere...
This past week was one of only two out of the whole summer that I didn't have definite plans, so I fit a lot it...

Last Saturday night we went to Blossom where the Cleveland Orchestra plays in the summer with Val and Rog. It was one of those very summer-y nights.


Malachy and I went to the zoo and had a lot of fun!


We made homemade ice cream with Emily...


and played putt putt. I got a hole in one on the last whole and won a free game!


I fit in a few trips to the beach, some sewing, shopping, and reading too. It has really been a great summer and I hope my second year of teaching is just as much fun :)

2 comments:

Corynn said...

You won a free game?! That is awesome! It sounds like a fun summer. I think I will take some things from your list and go do them! Well, when it cools off.

Charlie & Rachel said...

How did your first week back go? Now you're practically a veteran teacher! :-)